Sunday, October 19, 2008
I guess sometimes things happen around us, and it makes us a little, if not a lot more appreciative of the one we love.
On top of a somewhat blissful week, I spent the day going for a last raya trip with the boy and his workmates. And apparently he happened to have a colleague who met with a self-skidded accident while on the way to meet his girlfriend. The accident left him unconscious at first then now after nearly 3months he can only hear and make slight movements, and in need of care from his family members for medication. When we visited this person at his house (after having stayed at the ICU the whole time) I couldn't help but want to cry looking at his state. How unexpected it is that this person, who is a stranger to me, young, just like any one of us, with a future that could've been just as bright as any of ours, to have met such an unfortunate event that nearly cost him his life. I wonder how it felt like to be in his shoes, to only be able to hear but not say a word, not even open his eyes. What made it worse was when I saw a picture of him when he was still normal. He looked like any average joe you see on the streets. It also made me see just how far a mother would go in order to care for her son. Even when the son is bedridden, in a semi-conscious state, she loves her son unconditionally, without ever giving up. I fully respect women like these for the strength that they have when faced with trials and tribulations. A mother's love is truly unconditional.
It has also made me about 792136560 times more paranoid about the safety of my own loved one when he's out on the roads, juggling in between work, school and me. Having only about 4h of sleep at times just to fend for himself, and to have enough savings for a stable future. And to think that he's not even in NS yet. Events like these have been an eye-opener (or should i say heart-opener) for us. My hyper-paranoid imagination made me think for a fraction of a second how I'd feel if he were to go through such a thing and I couldn't help but cry. It would be devastating. We both came to the consensus that no matter how much we get on each other's nerves, how disappointed we can be in each other, it all boils down to how our lives have integrated over the years and how we have made an impact, whether big or small in each other, and how we would lose a part of ourselves if either of us were to lose each other unexpectedly. Even the littlest things would seem like a huge loss.
And as always, I'm never that good with words and expression of appreciation and affection.
But I know he knows he means more than the world to me.
Without the sun, the earth would be in darkness, and it wouldn't have anything to revolve around, and this would mean the end of night and day cycle, the end of the 4 seasons, the disruption of nature and basically, the end of life on earth. and that's how my life would be if I were to lose someone as precious as him.
Labels: because it doesn't have to be 23rd
X O X O; 10:36 pm